Monday, July 4, 2011

Clouds

Dude! I'm living in the clouds right now! I'm living in a tiny town that is LITERALLY in the clouds. I couldn't find it on a map, and I don't know exactly what I'm doing here, but I'm very happy.

I was a little nervous at first, because exaclty 0.00000% of the people here speak english, and I'm okay with spanish one on one, but it gets a little difficult when EVERYONE is speaking it quickly and AT THE SAME TIME. I'm able to understand everything, but I'm not able to understand everything AND TALK. It's hard & exhausting. But then two little girls (the grandkids of the woman I'm staying with) took me under the 12 & 13 year old wings, and they're helping me!!

(LITERALLY an answer to prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This afternoon I was like - God, what the heck am I supposed to do? I'm working so hard to understand, that everyone thinks I'm an IDIOT. - Then the little girls popped up. YAY!!)

I can practice with them and not feel dumb, and then go out into the real world and talk to the grown ups. Plus they're super fun. We play games and do each others hair, and it's like having little sisters. Yay!

Okay, I have to go, but I just wanted to give a quick update. Also, I am largely without internet, but I just wanted to let you know what's going on.

Okay, that's it for me.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment