Monday, July 26, 2010

My Favorite Belly Button

I wish that I could write through osmosis, because then I could get everything I want out onto the computer without having to worry about order or making sense or leaving anything out. I'll start with a couple of announcements.

1) This internet session is quickly becoming my most expensiveb purchase (except scuba diving) since I started traveling on my own.
2) So I'm not checking my e-mail. Because then I'll want to respond, and I can't afford that.
3) I figured this was a better way to communicate with the people that care and let them know that I am alive and well (oh so well!!!)
4) I'm just going to write until just before the price of this internet session makes me want to throw up instead of just gag.

So here we go.

Mom, can you do me a favor. Pull out the 2013 calendar (you have that already, right?) and turn to December. On December 25 write "Christmas on Easter Island."

Why? You might be asking. 'Cause I'm moving here.

Seriously.

I mean, you're lucky I'm not just staying.

I've already inquired about jobs and the possiblity of a foreigner living on the island. I can't own land, but that's okay. So for the year after I graduate, I'm moving here. And I'm really freakin' excited.

I'm going to live on the belly button of the world. Called that because it is a tiny dot surrounded by a whole lot of nothing.

Gosh, I don't even know where to start. I absolutely love it here. But the price of this is starting to upset my stomach like a Chilean Tea Cup Ride. So I think you might have to wait until tomorrow.

All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment