Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Moscow with the Fam

Odometer: 209,709

We’re just coming off a few days in Moscow, Idaho. It was wonderfully lazy and relational. My brother Chris and his wife Natalie live there, and I had never yet been to visit (whoops!), so it was the PERFECT keystone to our trip. We stayed for three nights (our longest time anywhere), and it all blurs together in a haze of easy-going-ness (is that a word?).

The town itself is super cute, as are the surrounding areas. Although abbreviated, I feel like we got a good taste of Moscow! I tried to write out what we did on each day, and even with Ken’s help, we were hopeless trying to sort out what happened when. So here’s a (probably mixed up) list of our Moscow adventures (…and relaxations):
  •          Farmers Market lunch
  •          Tour of the town
  •          Church with Chris & Nat
  •          Apple Cider Making & Apple Picking
  •          Played a LOT of 7 Wonders
  •          Wandered around downtown
  •          Homemade steak dinner
  •          Out to BBQ for lunch
  •          Taco night with friends of Chris & Nat
  •          Walked the arboretum 
  •          Got spoiled by Chris & Natalie
  •          Played Outburst
  •          Lots of reading and lounging


This seems like a disproportionately short post for how long we were thing, but I think what was so lovely about our time was how simple it was. There aren’t any big complications of flat tires, or even any tiring (yet exhilarating) adventures to detail.

But here are some pictures of our delightful trip:








Overall, it was an incredibly pleasant and wonderful time! It was great to spend some quality time with Chris and Natalie, and it’s awesome to see how well they’re thriving in their little neck of the woods. I hope we can make it back again soon!


Ken’s Thoughts: It was really fun being able to spend time with Chris and Natalie, since I hadn’t really had the opportunity much. I really enjoyed getting to know them better, and playing board games and seeing their fun life in action. I really felt welcome and well taken care of. They were more than generous. I was shocked at how good the honey is out there! I think that’s all my thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment