Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Don´t Worry! I Found It!!

I know you were all desperately worried.
Something has been missing from our lives for the past 20 years.
Sure, you catch glimpes of it here an there¨- a flash of neon, an awkward haircut - but overall, the beast has been aloof.

But don´t worry.

I found it.

I found the ´80s.

Yep! All of it! Including (drum roll please. . .) MULLETS. I know I mentioned that earlier, but I just can´t get over it. Probably 1/3 of the boys are sporting the mullet. And seriously. Not like when Logan Smith did it as a joke.

But if ever you´re feeling nostalgic for the 80s, just jump on a plane to Santiago and you will be transported to a time when mullets and leg warmer were cool and no one knew smoking was bad for you.

But don´t look for neon colors. Everything is black.

Now, to help you on your trip, I have:

RULES FOR RIDING THE METRO
1. Keep your bag where you can see it
2. Hold on to it
3. Look tired like you just ran a marathon
4. Under no conditions should you raise you gaze about elbow height, or shoulder height if you´re feeling daring
5. Unless you´re staring at the foreigner, in which case, anything goes
6. Don´t litter
7. Don´t talk, or if you must (and only to people you already have a pre-established relationship with) talk quietly
8. Don´t lose your Bip! card

Yep, that´s it.

You´re good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment