Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Weird Phases


Sorry for the weird phase there. I'm doing much better now. No more crying over shirt sizes.

But today I realized that I have entered ANOTHER weird phase of my travels. Let me tell you about it.

With my free, bonus day, I went to Cuzco's best Inca ruins. I know I'm at a weird phase in my travels when I can go to what used to be the richest, most luxurioulsy decorated Inca ruins that are integrated into the structure of a beautiful huge church, and be most impressed by the BATHROOMS!

Oh my gosh, I would have paid the entrance fee just to use that bathrooms, if I had known about them in advance.

First of all, it was FREE to use the bathrooms. AND each stall has it's own toilet paper. I didn't have to carry my own roll around with me OR buy some by it the square OR take some from the communal roll before entering the stall, which always runs the risk of a) taking too much and looking like you're about to do some disgusting business, or b) taking too little and . . . running into a problem. AND the doors closed. All the way! I didn't have to try and hold the door shut with one foot while using the other one to balance. THEN the toilet flushed AUTOMATICALLY. And there was SOAP and HOT WATER and AUTOMATIC sinks that WORKED! It felt like a real sink, not like a toddler druling on me! I probabaly spent 5 minutes washing my hands, just because I could. And then I dried them in the hot air blower things, that actually blew hot air!

The ruins were nice too, but, wow, those bathrooms. . .



(Also, side note, you know our world has come to a weird phase when you can't afford to enter a church. That just doesn't seem right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment