Saturday, August 4, 2012

Catch Up

Hey! I'm not totally in a writing mood, but I figured I should jot down a little bit of stuff so that tomorrow's post doesn't have to be merged with anything.

I'm here in Krakow. Or Cracow. They use both, so I'm not sure which one is really "correct." Anyways, I'm having a blast here. Yesterday I went on a walking tour with Marta (Polish friend I met when she was in California) and her cool younger cousin whose name I'm forgetting, but it's a really cool Greek name starting with a "P." We saw a lot of the city, and we were all EXHAUSTED. Which was great, because it always sucks to be the only tired person. They had woken up at 5 to catch the 6am train, and I had that train-night of very little sleep. So we explored the city, including a castle, a fire breathing dragon, a statue of a guy with a sword that looks like something else from a different angel, and other old, cool, Polish stuff. Then we ate Polish food, wandered around a bit more, and they went to go meet someone that spoke Greek for the cousin, and I went home and went to sleep.

I decided to sleep without an alarm, because I was rather tired and wanted to give my body whatever it needed. I figured one, maybe two hours.

4 hours later, I wake up from my coma-nap feeling excellently refreshed. I look at my phone and say, "Oh my gosh, I slept for four hours." Someone in my room says, "It's okay. You'll only feel guilty about it for a little bit." I looked at them like they were crazy and said, "What? I don't feel guilty about it."

Then I bought a frozen pizza for dinner.

That night I went out with my whole hostel. Usually I'm not the type of person to do that, go out with a huge crowd of like 20 foreign kids, but I did it and we had a blast!! Lots of dancing and fun and music. Something I love about loud music and dancing is that language barriers no longer exist.

I came back around 3am because my body was tired, but my head wasn't quite sleepy yet. So I sent some emails and congratulated Stuart on leaving the Mongenthau (wooooooo!!!!!!!!!), at which point a new hostel friend came into the common room. Turned out he had an early train and was just planning on staying up all night, so I joined him and we spent the remainder of the night talking, eating pasta, throwing jam packets in cups, and arguing about washing forks.

Went to sleep around 5:30.

Then today I woke up a bit before 11 and spent my day wandering around the town. It's a pretty cool town. Then I came home, and had dinner with the Portuguese kids here because they cooked way too much food and invited me to join them - delicious!!!

Now people are walking by me sitting on the floor of the hall of the hostel (that's where the outlet is), saying, "Are you coming out with us?" "Come out with us!" "Come on, California, it's Saturday night." "You're not coming out with us?" "Why aren't you coming out with us?" "You comin', Berkeley?" "Hey California! Let's go!" I know some of you (Stuart) would be disappointed in my decision not to go out, but I'm tired and tomorrow is big/important, and I want to be awake and attentive.

So I'll stay in for tonight.

Okay, I'm going to add a picture to this post, send an email, and then go to sleeeeeeeeeeep. Ha, I'll probably have the room (that I share with 9 other people) to myself until about 3am.

Okay, pictures. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment