Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Nothing

Nothing. That's what I want to be doing right now. And, conveniently enough, that's what I am doing right now, with the exception of moving my fingers a little bit.

I went on a bike ride all day today. Please don't do the time conversion of what time it is now, because then you'll discover that it's only 15:40 here, so there's no way I could have actually been gone all day. But if felt like all day. Lots of biking. Fun day.

16 going on 17 gazebo.
And yesterday I went on the Sound of Music tour, which was fabulous. Can't wait to go home and watch the movie again. I love that movie. Good day. Good day.

Oh, just so you know my level of dedication - and because it's worth documenting - going on the SOM tour required waking up early, taking a three hour train ride across the country going on the 4 hour tour then taking another three hour train ride home. Because I'm an awesome traveler, those train tickets where are usually 50 euro each were FREE with my last day of my eurorail pass. Perfect planning. (By "planning" I mostly mean "luck".) But it was a really fun tour. I met some great people on the train ride over and we had lunch, and then I met a cool girl on the tour and now we're friends.

So now you're caught up. I'll write a bit more, and then I think I'll call it quits.

Austria
I really like Austria. More than I think I expected to. It's surprisingly high on my "Places to come back to eventually" list. But I'm going to wait to come back until three things happen:
1) I can come back with someone - not necessarily a significant other someone, but a friend I can go on rides with at the amusement park with, go to shows with, eat cake with, ride in a horse and buggy with, do hedge mazes with, wander around at night with, etc. This city would be  more exciting with someone.
2) I have money - there are lots of fancy fun things here. The Opera, horse shows, pricey coffee, fancy cake, etc. It would be a fun place to have money.
3) It's not July or August - everything (Opera, horse shows, etc.) is closed in July & August.

But I'll definitely be back.

Being Tired
I'm really tired. Of talking and of listening. I think going home is kind of like Christmas. When it's February, you're like, "Ya, I know it's a date somewhere off in the distance, but I'm not too eager yet." Even a week away or a couple days away, you know it's there, and you're looking forward to it, but you're still doing other stuff. But then on Christmas Eve, you're like, "JUST GET HERE!" It's Christmas Eve for me right now, and I'm ready to be back.

I'm tired of pointless conversations and single serving friends (to quote the unnamed main guy in Fight Club - did you ever notice he doesn't have a name? I want to watch that movie again. Anyone want to watch with me?). Tired of having to think about where I'm getting every meal. Tired of conversion rates. Tired of negative cash flows. Tired of people saying "See ya later" when the mean "See ya never." Tired of packing.

And apparently really complainy. Gosh, I'm sorry. I don't know what happened there. I'll stop.

Okay, I think I'm going to go pack for tomorrow. One last time packing, one less thing to worry about.

I'll see you all soon. Love you lots.



No comments:

Post a Comment