Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Aaaaand, We're (N)Off!

Written on 12/26/2016. Sorry for the delayed post. 

Do you get it? “And we’re Noff” like Noffsinger? But also like Off to a new adventure? Clever, I know. Danyelle – I made a pun!

Okay, puns aside, we’re at the airport! Kenny has gone foraging for forks and water, and I am guarding the stuff. In an hour and twenty minutes, we’ll board our flight for Panama City, where we connect to head off to our final destination, Costa Rica! We’re going back to Llano Bonito first, (see this post, this one, this one, and this one), and then meandering our way northward until we fly out from Managua, Nicaragua on January 7th. It’s a bit of a quicker turnaround than usual, but hey, that’s adult life, right?




We’re super excited. We don’t totally know what to expect, but that’s the fun of it! I’ve realized, though, that I’ve been a little bit more worried about this trip than other trips. I want to make it really good for Kenny, and I feel responsible because I’ve been to some of these places and I’m more experienced (albeit rusty) with this travel style. Whereas before I didn’t really care what happened, now, I’d feel really bad if I accidentally put us on a bus that brought us multiple hours in the wrong direction.  But Kenny, saint of a husband as he is, has assured me that he’s happy even if anything goes wrong. He’s just excited to be my adventure buddy. And I’m excited to be HIS adventure buddy. And I think this will be a really, really awesome 11 days. J  (Wow! Only 11 days! I’m excited to see what we can do with that time).

Kenny’s Thoughts: The blueberries muffins* I’m eating are delicious, and I’m very excited to be doing an international adventure again. And I’m excited for the coffee!


*I made them this morning to get rid of extra blueberries.

P.S. In the event that you read this before 8:15pm PT, please pray that there are some no-shows on our flight so that Kenny and I can sit together.


No comments:

Post a Comment