Sunday, August 30, 2009

On The Boat!

I’m on the boat! Classes start tomorrow morning. The ship is much more cruise-y than I expected. I think there will definitely end up being a divide between those focused on academics and those . . . not so focused, but that’s fine. There are a million and one clubs I want to get involved in. The people are great, and I’m making lots friends. We had about a billion hours of lectures today about safety, health, more safety, academic honesty, don’t get so drunk you can’t stand up straight (I can’t stand up straight on this boat and I’m 100% sober!), H1N1, and so forth. Seriously, lectures all day. Breakfast. Talks. Lunch. More talks. Meet professors. Dinner. More talks. Sea meeting. (Your “sea” is like a floor meeting in the dorms. It’s like your wing of the boat). My room is great! It’s small and quaint, but I like it a lot. It’s definitely on top of a motor – I can hear and feel it, but that’s completely fine. I don’t mind in the least. It’s the sound and feeling of saving money! Hurray for economy housing! It’s crazy waking up in the morning and looking out my window to see ocean. Just ocean. This is going to be an amazing trip.

Oh! Side notes. I DON’T have facebook, skype, other websites, or anyway to post my pictures. We get 2 hours total of internet time for the whole trip (besides school research). And my phone doesn’t work. I have a new e-mail. Contact me at: ljcarpenter@semesteratsea.net

No comments:

Post a Comment