Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Here We Go Again - Ireland!!


Here we go, here we go, here we go again! And here we go again!


Well, we’re at it again! I’m writing this from the airport floor. We’re here more than a little bit early – but you can never be too careful for international flights. Just to get to the airport, we took a VTA Lightrail, a train, and the BART. We left lots of buffer room, but everything went swimmingly.



And now we’re waiting to head off on our flight to (drum roll please). . .  IRELAND!!

I’m so excited.

We have ONE backpack between the two of us – plus two personal items. (Even carrying on bags cost $50/each, so we’re just bringing one).




We also have two guidebooks that are a few years old. Why are we using few year old guidebooks, you might ask? Well, two reasons. 1) The things we want to see in Ireland don’t change, and 2) These guidebooks are literally the first gift Kenny ever gave me.

Yep, for as long as Ken has known me, I’ve been talking about going to Ireland. So much so that the first time a gift giving event rolled around (my birthday!) he knew that the guidebooks would hit the spot. And they did.

And they continue to.

I am so excited!! Not only to be traveling to somewhere I’ve dreamed of for so long, but to be doing it with my best friend. Life doesn’t get better.

Kenny’s Thoughts: Those burgers were delicious.* I’m really excited to go to Ireland. And I’m tired.

*We had burgers in the SFO airport. They were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment