Saturday, July 14, 2012

Calcium Fortified


(wrote yesterday. posting now.)

I'm in David's kitchen right now, writing on a word document because there's no wi-fi. I'm watching at the calcium fortified apple pie bakes in the oven. Wait? What? Calcium fortified?

Yep.

Turns out, a jar of calcium looks deceptively like a jar of flour.

So. . . we'll see how that goes.

So I'm here in Verscio! It's fun to see everyone again. It's so weird, I feel like I was just with them, saying, "Bye! Good luck on your final piece!" Then a month later - bam! They're done with their final pieces. Last time I saw them, they didn't even know what they were going to do, and now each of them have created a 15 minute piece representing the culmination of the work and time a Teatro Dimitri. To me it seems like they made them overnight. David said he had a much different perspective.

at the hospital
Speaking of David, I need to learn to drive stick shift. Sorry, confusing jump. Last night David hit his head and was bleeding. Right above the eye, like when people get in a fight in a movie and they have that one wound in the corner just above the eye that slowly drips blood until the protagonist's woman gingerly bandages it. But that didn't happen. Instead, we went to the hospital to see if he needed stitches (he didn't. He's totally fine. Yay David!). But to GET to the hospital, someone needed to drive. I was completely useless because we're in Europe and there are no automatic cars. Point being: I need to learn to drive stick in case I need to ever drive someone to the hospital and there's no one else around to do it. Or - and this is a scenario I've thought of before - if I'm being chased/attacked and I need to jump into someone's car to get away, and the only ones around are stick.

I'd be screwed.

So, yes, I will be learning to drive stick shift when I get home. . . but my car is automatic. Any volunteers willing to let me learn on their car?

In other news. . . I don't really have an "in other news." I think that's all my news. There are a couple things I could talk about, but nothing super exciting or adventurous. . .

I was sitting here for a minute trying to figure out what to do, when I realized that what I really, really want to do deep down inside is make coffee. So I'm going to do that. And shower. Then take the pie out. Then go watch the final pieces of David & his friends again. For 5 hours.

from David's piece

 Yep, yep. Life is good.

Love you all.

(a bit later)

Showered. Coffee is brewing. I just realized the pie was cooking at a much too low temperature, so I turned it up. . . I really will be interested to see how this pie turns out. Maybe I've stumbled onto something. . . or maybe it'll be gross. I guess we'll see.

So now until I'm just kind of twiddling my thumbs until it looks like I can take the pie out of the oven. Drinking Italian coffee, which I'm sure I'll be reminded about it's strength in a bit, and eating an apple.

Hannah with a heart-shaped stop light in BCN
Oh! Questions for you:
1) A lot of the cool people I've met that blog have fitting urls. For example, Hannah Hart (Hart is her middle name) has www.hart-beat.com , so that's cool. Check it out if you get the chance! She's the expert on all things romantic. She's also going to have a shop in NY someday, so maybe if you can tell her that you've been a loyal reader for years, she'll give you a discount. But here's the question: do you have any ideas for a cleaver url for me?

2) Shoot dang. Forgot the second question.

3) The pie looks done! Yay. Perfect timing. K, bye!

(later)

It's later! And this is me remembering how strong Italian coffee is. Woooooooo!

The pie turned out okay. People liked it, and I feel like my bones are stronger, too, so that's good. I wish I could stay up and write emails to you all, but alas, I have no internet, remember?


Speaking of remembering, I just remembered that I'm reading an excellent book right now. So I think I'll go brush my teeth and read that. (Everyone else is brushing their teeth and going to sleep. They didn't have an American sized coffee cup of Italian espresso.)

Night all. Sleep well. Chooz. (That's not how you actually spell it. I'll ask David how to spell it. He says it's Swiss-German, so I can spell it however I want. No rules.)
Okay, cool.

Chooz!

No comments:

Post a Comment