Monday, September 21, 2009

Gearing Up For Ghana

I'm on my malaria pills. I'm signed up for lots of stuff. I've been mentally preparing myself for spicy food. I'm ready! I think Ghana will be really, really, really great.
 
There are two potential internships I've been looking at for next summer. One of them is in Ghana and the other is in South Africa. I'm really excited to see what Ghana is like! Supposedly everyone is really laid back and cool. Hopefully that'll be my experience.
 
What my Ghana schedule looks like:
First day: Welcome Reception
Second-Third Days: Cultural Immersion (apparently I get to see sacred monkeys, dance, and get an "African name." Sounds corny, but still fun).
Fourth Day: Kakum National Park & Elmina Castle. I really just wanted to see the castle, but they were a package deal. The park sounds fun too. I've heard rumors about a zip line. The castle is where a lot of Africa's slaves were exported from. Very historically important and I've read a lot about it.
 
Dinner time. Gotta run.
 
LOVE YOU ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment