Saturday, September 5, 2009

In Spain!

First of all: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS! AND HAPPY DAY AFTER YOUR BIRTHDAY KERRY!!

Chris, I'm looking forward to being able to call you. I've been waiting ALL DAY for a time when I think you might be awake. It's almost dinner for me.

I'm in Spain. Found a place with free internet. Woohoo! Just wanted to stop in and let you guys all know what was going on. The boat is great, as I mentioned before. Spain is beautiful and warm. Everyone is friendly, and I'm able to get by with my minimal Spanish. The food is delicious.

This morning I just wandered around on my own, then I joined a tour for a bit - which I ditched out early of. Then I took a SIESTA!! One of my favorite things about Spain. Around 1600 (or 3:00pm, for those of you not on ship time), the WHOLE CITY shuts down. Absolutely nobody is around. No stores are open. It's crazy. Everyone goes home and sleeps so they can party all night. Oh! And in the morning, it was the same way. I was wandering around the city at about 0900, and there was nobody out 'till about 1030/1100ish. Crazy.

Maybe that's why everyone is so relaxed.

A lot of mopeds. A lot of cathedrals. A lot of walking.

Flamenco dancing tonight.

I love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment