Saturday, September 26, 2009

Neptune Day! (and other news)

Just finished the Neptune Day activities! Woohoo! The day started with yet another new wake up experience: people running up and down my hall yelling and banging pots and pans. Dressed like lunatics. I got fish guts stuff poured on me, jumped in a pool, kissed a fish, and got knighted. . . or dubbed or something. I'm no longer a pollywog. Or maybe now I AM a pollywog. . . I forget. But I'm higher status than I was before. Some people shaved their heads, but I opted not to. Tough decision, but I'm happy with it. I don't want to shave my head just because other people are doing it. . . Maybe on New Years.

Oh, in case I didn't mention before, Neptune Day is in celebration of crossing the equator, which we just did. Woohoo! Now, supposedly, water spins the other way. I still have to check that out.


In other news - I would love to hear from you!
E-mail me at my old address: lilac2@berkeley.edu OR at my new address ljcarpenter@semesteratsea.net
Both will get to me.

Even better if you snail mail me!!
Look here for addresses and post times:
http://www.semesteratsea.org/current-voyage/overview/staying-in-touch.php


To find out more about where I am and see pictures (not necessarily of me, but apparently some are) you can go here: http://www.semesteratsea.org/current-voyage/overview/

Seriously, I would love to hear from you all.


LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lila

    It's Nick from FPCB! Thanks for your card. Glad to see you are well. Looking forward to seeing you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete